- The Nia Technique is a dance-fitness class that empowers people of all shapes and sizes to step into a joyful relationship with their bodies and movement.
- Nia combines martial arts, healing arts, and dance arts to create a high-powered, synergistic workout that no isolated exercise technique can match.
- Part choreographed and part free-form, Nia delivers a solid aerobic workout, with each experience adaptable to individual needs and abilities.
- Classes are generally done barefoot to soul-stirring music that motivates every part of you to move.
- Step into your own joyful journey with Nia, and positively shape the way you feel, look, think and live.
- No experience necessary.
After several years of practicing Nia in and around Calgary and Cochrane, licensed Nia Blue Belt Teacher, Patricia Atchison, is pleased to offer Nia Dance Fitness classes in the Airdrie area for the third year in a row.
"I wanted to delve into the science and mystery of my body and decided to take my Nia White Belt Intensive in the summer of 2014. With the insights I gained after studying the nine basic movement forms (pictured right), the 13 principles in the Joy of Movement, and learning the 52 movements, I really wanted to share Nia with people in Airdrie," says Patricia.
Nia combines holistic dance based movements to help heal the body, spirit, mind and emotions. It's a fusion of healing arts, marital arts, and dance arts together in a fitness routine that produces results in all areas of life including: a new love and respect for the body, help with weight loss and maintenance, improved flexibility, stability, mobility, strength and agility, more endurance, stress reduction, improved posture, better concentration and the list goes on and on.
It is through movement that we find health. Nia is fun, creative and a class that can be experienced by anyone of any fitness/skill level, and any body type. Join an Airdrie class today!
Please visit the Corporate Global Nia site - About Nia for more information.
NOTE: RE FALL 2017 CLASSES:
Nia at DayBreak Community Church access throughout Fall Road work-Twinning project on Yankee Valley Blvd.
Nia at DayBreak Community Church - prepare for front drive access changes and road delays/upgrades on Yankee Valley Blvd
Yankee Valley Blvd is being twinned between 8th Street and west to 24 St SW in Airdrie throughout the fall.
Two traffic signals will also be going in to the Bayside area.
Please allow extra time to arrive at classes as bottlenecks may become a problem during rush hour.
Currently, the church access is from Yankee Valley Blvd, but could change at any time to have access from the back of the church via the Bayside area - Bayview St SW (road just before the church parking lot turnoff.)
Recently we've even used the pedestrian path in front of the church, turning just before the church at Bayview St SW to drive on and into the parking lot.
Please be aware and watch for signs. DayBreak Community Church is the first church heading west on Yankee Valley Blvd.